It’s Friday, so I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0. The theme this week is goals and New Year’s Resolutions. I shared mine last week, so I’m sharing some tips from a cool flyer that we created for my job. These easy resolutions are nutrition related and are based on this article by Bobby Maknoon, RD.
1. Eat More Fruits and Veggies. Make small changes like taking a piece of fruit with you to work or adding spinach to your eggs. My CSA closed down but Kristin referred me to Imperfect Produce. They fight food waste by “finding homes for ugly produce.” They source from farms and deliver produce directly to you at a low cost. You can even customize what you receive. Get $10 off your first order with this link.
2. Drink More Water. Drinking more water helps your body with a variety of functions like proper digestion and healthy skin. Buy a reusable water bottle and refill it throughout the day. Extra points – add lemon!
3. Skip Sugary Drinks. Sugar-sweetened drinks add extra calories without adding nutrition. Also, sugar in liquid form is absorbed faster by your body. Skip the empty calories and sugar crashes by drinking water or unsweetened tea instead. Beware of coffee drinks, too. They can be calorie bombs! I stick with black or a small amount of almond milk or coconut milk.
4. Pack Your Lunch More Often. Foods at restaurants often have high amounts of sodium and come in very large portions. Packing your lunch helps to reduce the amount of sodium and calories you eat. Plus, you’ll save a lot of money! I’ve been eating awesome soups and smoothies from Daily Harvest. The soups especially are great for lunch (with a salad or small sandwich) if you have a freezer in our office. [Get 3 free cups on your first order with this link.]
5. Sit Down to Eat (and Stop Eating While Working/at Your Desk). Eating on the run and on the fly messes with your hunger cues. Sit down and savor your food. Eat slowly. You’ll feel more satisfied and be less likely to overeat. This is one that I really need to work on!
What easy tips or swaps have helped you? Please leave them in the comments.
Have a great weekend!
PS. Don’t miss my great giveaways.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links for Imperfect Produce and Daily Harvest. If you use these links, I will receive credits for future orders.