Please note: This giveaway has ended. The winner is in the widget below. Not you? Still want it? Use code ericafinds for 15% off on Renewdle through July 31, 2013.
I was checking out some energy bars I like from Raw Crunch and I saw an affiliated product called the Renewdle. I pinned it. Kath from Raw Crunch emailed me to tell me that her mom, Pam, invented Renewdle and was “just tickled” with my pin. So tickled that she offered to send me one to try and offered one to give away to one of my readers. Well, I was psyched because I pinned it because it looked like something I would be keen to try. I was waiting for a sale on Open Sky or amazon to get it.
What is a Renewdle? It is a massage device (a molded foam piece with no moving parts or motors) with a nice fuzzy cover. The husband pointed out that it looks like a dog toy. Good thing that we don’t have a dog! Their slogan is “don’t sleep tight”, because the concept is that laying on the device helps to loosen up muscles. Cute. I went to the website to learn more. It says:
“The Renewdle® was designed over the course of three years by Pamela Held. Pamela survived a horrific car accident while riding her horse, resulting in a 3 1/2 inch dislocation of her shoulder, her arm hanging in the center of her chest (thankfully her horse made a full recovery). After years of rehab and the onset of arthritis, the Renewdle® was born. It came in handy that Pam had a Degree in Engineering and was a well sought after Massage Therapist & NCBTMB National Certified Massage Instructor.
The Renewdle® was tested in endless clinical trials, it had to have the perfect contours to hit just the right spots, it had to be firm enough to release tight muscles, but soft enough to do it comfortably.This patented orthopedic device is also part of a unique massage system called Multipoint Massage®, massaging opposing muscles at the same time to release muscles faster, deeper and more comfortably.”
How does it work? Renewdle is like a rolling pin. You lie on your back and center the Renewdle® under your upper back. After those tight muscles relax, usually within 1-5 minutes, you move the Renewdle® down your back, every few minutes to the next tight spot. For less intensity, you can start at your low back and move up. The weight of your body paired with the contours of the device soothes tense areas in minutes. Then you can roll off or and go to sleep. Some people can sleep on the Renewdle all night.
What did I think? I tried the Renewdle on my bed and didn’t feel like it was firm enough to make a big impact – but it felt kind of nice. The husband also tried it and it did not have much of an impact. Our matress is pretty firm, so I was surprised. I then tried it with my legs up the wall (on the headboard) and that gave me a deeper massage feeling. Last, I tried it laying on the hard wood floor and I really liked that. It was like a contoured foam roller and it really helped me loosen up my back, shoulders and lower back. Since then I have used it several times a week on the floor before bed to relax and loosen up. This is particularly helpful to me after long runs, races or sitting in a chair for an extended period.
After the testing, I would say that the Renewdle pretty great for $39.95! As I said, It took me a few tries to find how it worked best for me. It is a well made piece and they have gotten great reviews on Open Sky, Amazon, Daily Candy and many other websites.
Want to see for yourself? Pam offered to give a Renewdle to one of my readers. You can enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter widget below. Please don’t forget to click the “I entered” or similar button on each entry. If you already like my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter, click that button on the Rafflecopter and get credit! The giveaway is open through the end of the day on Tuesday, June 18th. I will select a winner on Wednesday, June 19th. Only valid for participants in the US at this time.
This giveaway has ended. Didn’t win? The winner is in the widget below. Not you? Still want it? Use code ericafinds for 15% off on Renewdle through July 31, 2013.In other great news, I also got a box of Raw Crunch bars for my next On the Go Snacks giveaway – planned for next week! So come back, please!
Please note: I received the Renewdle free for review purposes and Renewdle will send the winner a free product, as well. All opinions are my own.
- Get 50% off at Sharper Image online
- Get 40 – 50% off of custom iPhone and iPad cases at Casetagram
- Get 50% off on foodie gift sets from a*pour toi
- Get 50% off on cigars and humidor sets from Hotel Humidor and EVOCA1
- Does dad like pampering? Spend $50 for 100 at Oxygen Spa in the West Loop from Travelzoo
- Or check out burgers or jazz at the Bedford or steaks and meals from David Burke’s Primehouse from Gilt City
- Go see ‘Cirque Shanghai’on Navy Pier – half off for the rest of the summer or see Million Dollar Quarter for half off on July 2 or July 3
- Treat dad to a haircut and a shave from Headrest Unisex (50% off) from Amazon local deals
Get dad some duds:
- Get 20 – 30% off plus free shipping at Tommy Hilfiger with code THFRIEND
- Get 30% off and free shipping at Nautica with code DAD13
- Get an extra 30% off sale items from J Crew with code SUMMERTIME
More great deals:
- Need another great reason to check out Amazon local deals? How about 3% cash back from ebates? They have great national and local Father’s Day deals, too. Check it out!
- Is the dad in your life into trying new health and wellness goodies?KlutchClub is offering 20% OFF all Men’s Memberships. Discount valid until 06.16.2013. Enter Coupon Code: ZZFORDAD20 at checkout.
- Blissmo is offering 50% off and free shipping on the Summer Adventures Box
- Hey Athletes, you can try Active Advantage for $1.99 for a month. Sign up for some races and get some great Active Gear Up deals for 15% off and see if it is worth your while. I love my membership!
- Hey Chicago runners, join me and Wendy at the Disco Dash 5K or 10K for 1/2 off from Living Social. Race is downtown on Thursday, July 27th and Maggie tells me that the Village People are playing!
- For the kids in your life, great deal if you join the Dr. Seuss & His Friends book club.for only $5.95! Includes: – The Cat in the Hat, Mr. Brown Can Moo, Ten Apples On Top, Go Dog Go! & The Tooth Book – FREE Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends Activity Book – Free shipping . You get 3 new books each month. There you preview and decline each month or cancel at any time. You get high quality, hard cover books and the convenience of home delivery for less than $5 per book.
OK – my badgering in almost done for Father’s Day. But remember, most dads are not as easy as moms for last minute gifts. Just saying! Have a great week!