Tried it Tuesday: Myobuddy Massager Pro

I tried the Myobuddy Massager Pro at several marathon and half marathon expos. When I had the opportunity to test one out in exchange for an honest review, I said “YES!” The Myobuddy Massager Pro looks like a tool for waxing your car, but it’s actually a multi-faceted massager.

The Myobuddy Massager Pro gives you the power of a professional massage at home. The various settings enable percussive massage, deep tissue massage and trigger point massage. Applying the massager helps with myofascial release, muscle stiffness, soreness and increases circulation. It is meant to compliment massage, yoga, regular activity and even physical therapy.

The Myobuddy Massager Pro can be used easily on a variety of body parts. They have a series of videos online to explain how to effectively use if you have a specific muscle issue or injury. The long cord and ergonomic handle enable self-treatment for most body parts.

I exercise in the morning and then I sit a lot of the day. I often have swollen (and still tight) calves by the end of the day. I was keen to try the massager on my legs – especially my calves. The FAQs and videos explain how, and how long, to use the tool. The best thing for me is that it only takes 5 – 10 minutes to do my legs. Speed is key for me.

I tried all three speeds and was most comfortable with the lower speeds. Each time I used it, my calves loosened up and my legs felt really good. They also recommend using the side edges on sore muscles or knots. I tested it out but am happy to report that I don’t have too many sore spots at the moment. I will try it when I do though.

I’m a fan of the Myobuddy Massager Pro. This would be a great gift for the athlete on your list – or anyone who suffers from muscular pain. It’s a professional grade tool, so it’s not inexpensive. The retail price is $399. Through 12/31, my friend Jen at The Fit Fork has a $100 off discount code. Get a massager for $299 with code SPJEN HERE. If it cuts down on needed professional massages and PT, the cost seems worth it.

You can keep up with Myobuddy on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Please note: I was provided a free Myobuddy Massager Pro in exchange for editorial consideration. I was not otherwise compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

1. Jamie King says:

I love my Myobuddy, best thing to happen to my house! 🙂

2. Arlinda says:

Have you tried it around your neck and shoulders? That’s where my tension usually lies and its hard to find a good massager that doesn’t exaggerate my pain.

3. Alyse says:

I’ve been seeing the Myobuddy EVERYWHERE and I need one… I mean who doesn’t need a professional masseuse who is always available?!

4. I need to try this Myobuddy massager! Everyone keeps raving about it. I need a personal masseuse around 🙂

5. Michelle says:

This seems intriguing but $299 is super expensive. Are they sold in actual stores or just in expos/online? (I live in a SUPER small town and don’t ever get to expos.) I would totally want to test it out first before dropping that amount of dough.

6. Farrah says:

I’ve heard amazing things about this–will have to save up to get it one day! I bet my mom would love it! <3

7. Carlee McDot says:

Every time I see this I think it’s a car buffer 😉

I like how this ha videos available on how best to use it.So many times you get something and run it at a higher speed and it makes things feel wore! I like how it has the larger end and although it does look like a buffer I could see how this would take the kinks out. At this price it would be nice if they offered a heating or cooling option too.

9. Nicci Randall says:

I dream of having a masseuse at home all the time, HA! This seems much more doable than that!

This looks fantastic! I am always sore and dreaming of an at home masseuse but have yet to have one magically appear! So Im guessing this is my next best bet!?? 😉

11. Liz says:

I like to think that it waxes out the tension in my muscles… haha! Love it so much!

12. Chelsea says:

This looks awesome. Thanks for the informative review.

13. Cheryl K says:

Thank you for sharing your review on this product! It sounds great!

14. Dana Rodriguez says:

This sounds like an amazing products. I need one of these at my house!

15. Zoey says:

Such a unique massager tool! I hadn’t heard of this before.