Celebrate Better Breakfast Month!

September is Better Breakfast Month. Why is breakfast important? The Cleveland Clinic says breakfast fuels your work/school day and improves performance. It also helps you to maintain a healthy weight. Studies show that kids who eat breakfast have better concentration in school, too. Plus, breakfast can be quick and delicious. Let’s get to it!

To celebrate Better Breakfast Month, I decided to try my hand at a smoothie bowl. I keep seeing pictures on Instagram and all of the smoothie bowls look perfect and delicious.

I started with a blueberry smoothie. I was offered the opportunity to try Carrington Farms Coconut Protein Blend. Made with just three organic ingredients, this vegan protein is derived from organic coconuts and plant-based proteins. It has a whopping 20 grams of protein per serving.

Ingredients to Blend:

• 1 c. Almond and Coconut Milk
  • 1/4 pint of blueberries
  • 1 scoop of Carrington Farms Coconut Protein Blend (1/2 a serving)
  • A scoop of ice

Then, I put half of the smoothie in a bowl. I added blackberries, Viki’s Granola (Banana Walnut) and goji berries. It looks so pretty – doesn’t it? It tasted even better. The fruit and granola added the perfect sweetness and crunch. Put me on the smoothie bowl bandwagon!

Smoothie for the road!

I put the remainder of the smoothie in this awesome HUROM’s glass Juice Jar. With an airtight stainless steel lid, it keeps the smoothie fresh for later. It also makes it portable for breakfast on the go! You can take the smoothie with you to the office and then add extras for a smoothie bowl. Or, drink it as is, of course.

Great fall flavors!

No time to make a smoothie? Check out Munk Pack’s ready-to-eat Oatmeal Fruit Squeezes. They’re packed with grains and fruit bites.  Munk Pack makes  five delicious flavors, including Apple Quinoa Cinnamon and Maple Pear Quinoa. They’re gluten-free, non GMO, vegan and high in fiber. They’re great for kids and grown ups, too!

Have you tried a smoothie bowl? What are your favorite toppings?

Please note: I received these products at no cost in exchange for editorial consideration. I was not otherwise compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

1. Alyse says:

YESSS I love breakfast… and your bowl turned out beautifully! Also, that glass jar – genius. Such a perfect way to take your smoothie to go. 🙂

2. Christine Frech says:

I’m going to try that coconut protein!

3. Jennifer says:

Such pretty color to your smoothie! I tend to rotate my go-to toppings…right now hemp seeds and mulberries!

Ooh, it does look pretty! It’s something I’d have to try on the weekend, though, as the only thing I have time for during the week is whatever can be crammed in my purse without any effort. An apple and a hard boiled egg or similar. If I can eat it on the train without dumping it everywhere, then it’s in the running.

5. Nicci Randall says:

I need to get my breakfast game going strong again. How do you like that coconut protein? I’m so intrigued!

I like it – it didn’t taste protein-powdery to me – if that makes sense! I also used no sweetener except the almond-coconut milk and the smoothie was tasty… even the second day.

6. Chris L says:

I am not a huge fan of smoothies- maybe I need to get a Ninja or some other real good blender- mine does not do the job when adding nuts & seeds. A good high protein breakfast is very important.

7. Jamie King says:

Breakfast is the best, and smoothies are my absolute fave thing ever. That coconut protein looks super interesting – will have to give that a try.

I love goji berries. I would try this!

9. Liz says:

That glass jar looks like an amazing smoothie game changer! I can’t wait to try it. This is a great motivator for me to get back on my smoothie game!

10. I haven’t made one at home yet! I have had them at breakfast places, though. The one you whipped up looks delicious

11. Lauren says:

Pretty smoothie bowl. I love those Munk Packs for a quick bite on the go!

Yummo!! This smoothie looks amazing!! I always eye up those munkpacks at the store lol!! Im always running around and never have time for eating!