August Ultimate Coffee Date – By Pond Farm Edition

The-Ultimate-Coffee-Date2-1-600x600Welcome to the 8th Ultimate Coffee Date link up of 2017. This year continues to fly by. How is it August!? It’s been a busy but very good year so far. Iā€˜m linking up with Coco @ Running with Perseverance and Deborah @ Confessions of a Mother Runner.

What is the Ultimate Coffee Date? Imagine we are having coffee together… this post is what I would tell you. So grab a cup, “listen” and then tell me what is going on with you in the comments, please!

#happyplace

If we were having coffee… I’d tell you that I spent a restorative few days at Larry and Dan‘s a/k/a By Pond Farm a/k/a my “happy place.” I had a work meeting in NY, so I came via Newark and drove out here. If you follow me on Instagram, you can see how beautiful it is. It’s so peaceful. This trip, I’ve been obsessed with the hummingbirds at the feeders on the porch. So cool!

Pretty cool, huh?

If we were having coffee… I’d tell you that Larry and Dan recently have been binge buying art from Saatchi. There are some really cool pieces all over. They also went to an art fair where they met an artist named Carl Grauer. He does portraits and offers a really cool 2 hour portrait, as well. Basically, he has folks sit for 2 hours (with a 15 minute break in between) and makes an oil painting. Larry and Dan has theirs done. Then they had mine and Dan’s sister, Michele’s done, too. Very cool and unique experience.

If we were having coffee… I’d tell you how much we loved Berlin on our recent trip. Then, I’d ask about your summer vacations. I’d also say that we need some vacation ideas and to get something on the books STAT. Any suggestions are welcome!

November 16, 2002.

If we were having coffee… I’d tell you that it would have been my dad’s 77th birthday today. He’s been gone almost 9 years. It’s hard to believe.Ā  I’d tell you about him if you didn’t know him or reminisce about him if you did. He was a story teller, the most generous person and very lovable despite many flaws. I’m lucky to take after him in some ways.

If we were having coffee… I’d ask “what’s happening by you?”

PS. Please don’t forget my great giveaways.

1. I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to get away. Worse yet, I have read a whopping one book in the past two weeks. Terrible!
    I have been hooked on the new Netflix series “Ozark”.
    Listening to a lot of the new Afghan Whigs album.
    I’m glad you had a chance to get away!!!

2. Kelly says:

Erica,
    Let’s have coffee! I’ll email you šŸ™‚

3. Amy Lauren says:

We’re doing a cruise in October for a vacation (right around Halloween)… I’m glad to have a vacation on the schedule because it’s nice to have something to look forward to, save money for, and a “treat” toward the end of the year.

I hope you have a great day and remember your dad. If you ever do come to Charleston (which you should, especially in the winter), I have a great coffee shop for you to try, too!

4. That portrait idea is really cool. I’d love to do something like that. Glad you enjoyed your trip up north. Thanks for linking up for coffee today

5. Coco says:

That portrait looks great! And the farm animals look so cute! Is that your wedding picture? Based on the date I’d say you got married on my birthday (Nov 16)! My kids have had some milestones this summer that really left me thinking of my Dad — what he’d think, how proud he’d be. I don’t know if I’m missing him more or feeling his presence. Taking time to reminisce is a great way to honor your Dad on his birthday.

6. Clarinda says:

So great that you were able to visit your happy place. It sounds wonderful.

I’ve had pencil sketches done of me but but not oils. I always feel like they don’t look like me. Perhaps I’ve got a disconnect somewhere. I love your pics of Pond Farm on IG. So so beautiful. Berlin is coming up too fast for me!

8. Sending love to you on your Dad’s birthday. But I am glad that you were surrounded by loved ones all weekend long. Just what you needed! Also, that portrait is just beautiful!

9. amy guillaume linderman says:

i would tell you about my kids…how my soon to be 16 year old just interviewed for his first job today…..how my soon to be 14 year old just walks up to me at random times during the day and does something silly just to make me laugh. i would talk about my job hunt and ask for some friendly advice

10. Kristen says:

I would ask you how training is going!

11. Stephanie G. says:

I would just love to share coffee with you and hear about your journey. I’m a huge fan of your blog and love hearing all the new snacks and finds you introduce. Thank You for sharing!šŸ˜Š

12. Jennifer H. says:

I would talk about going to the local orchard. I entered on the Facebook post too.

13. John H. says:

I would talk about gardening.

14. Renata says:

I would ask for healthy eating and recipe tips!

15. That portrait is so awesome. What talent! If we were having coffee I’d tell you about my current favorite topic, my 1.5 year old <3

The farm looks great! If we were having coffee I would tell you I have a slight obsession with alpacas and llamas, I think they are cool as can be. Your happy place looks like a very happy place indeed.
    If we were having coffee I would bore you as we have been doing home repairs etc all summer long. You might pay attention about the garden but the rest, it is boring

I love the llamas, too. Truth be told, they can be a bit scary when they get close!! Home repairs – necessary evil!

• ellen beck says:

Ha! LLamas are a bit on the crazy side I have to admit. They can be a bit temperamental. I have been around quite a few of them and some ar nicer than others. I like alpacas better really. It is I think because they are handled more (shearing) or maybe a smaller size most seem more docile.

17. julie says:

I would tell you about our recent trip to Atlanta!!

Very boring stuff around here, Car and home maintenance things–which are never fun to me. I’m enjoying others’ adventures and love the farms since I grew up around them. Love the oil painting!

19. april says:

If we were having coffee I would tell you that I wish summer break could extend into fall! I love having the extra time in the summer with my kids, but fall is my favorite season. šŸ™‚

I’m glad you got to go to Berlin. I have been to Germany three times, but I’ve yet to make it to Berlin. Maybe next time!