July Ultimate Coffee Date – Berlin Edition!

The-Ultimate-Coffee-Date2-1-600x600Welcome to the 7th Ultimate Coffee Date link up of 2017. This year continues to fly by. It’s almost mid-summer. Seriously? It’s been a busy but very good year so far. I‘m linking up with Coco @ Running with Perseverance and Deborah @ Confessions of a Mother Runner.

What is the Ultimate Coffee Date? Imagine we are having coffee together… this post is what I would tell you. So grab a cup, “listen” and then tell me what is going on with you in the comments, please!

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you… I’m writing this in Berlin! The Husband and I had the opportunity to join a friend and his family to celebrate his 50th birthday. We love milestone celebrations and to travel, so this five night trip has been perfect for us. It’s been very rainy, but we didn’t let that dampen our spirits. We were able to see some of the main sights with umbrellas and took a reasonably dry walking tour on the second day.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you… The party was lovely and Shahin’s family and friends welcomed us with open arms. The restaurant, Freni & Frizioni, was delicious and a great spot. It’s at Pariser St. 18A in the Charlottenburg area if you find yourself in Berlin.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you…
I did an awesome foot tour of the lovely Tiergarten on the second day. If you’ve been around here, you know that my fave way to see a new city is while run-touristing. So beautiful!

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you… We were so lucky to find out that Ken, Christy and Lake were also in Berlin this weekend. We met them for coffee, the big Sunday flea market and some awesome play time at Mauer Park. The see-saw was pure joy!

If we were having coffee, I’d show you the pictures and ask “what do you have planned this summer?”

1. Lauren says:

That looks awesome! I’ve never been to Germany but really would love to. I am working full-time during my clinical rotation all summer but hope to have lots of sweaty runs, ice cream, and some weekend trips in the works!

2. Coco says:

Sounds like a great trip! We’ve been in Brussels. A bit of rain but not too bad.

3. Kimberly G says:

Looks like an amazing trip! I’ve been to London, but would love to visit other parts of Europe!

4. Barb Spruck says:

Fun trip! Glad you’re making the most of it despite the rain- and love the pics! Motivated me to make sure Berlin is on the bucket list. Enjoy!

5. Amy Lauren says:

It looks like you’re having a great time in Berlin and glad you are able to do things despite the rain. The park looks neat and I love the little desserts with your names on them 🙂

6. How fun! I love milestone birthday trips too and it looks like you had a fabulous trip. Safe travels! Thanks for joining us for coffee

7. I want a lunch/brunch when you get back to hear all about it!

8. What fun! I love a big birthday party and throw in a destination and it doesn’t get better than that! Great pics! Safe travels!

9. Clarinda says:

Oh how fun! Thanks for sharing pictures of your trip. 🙂

I love milestone celebrations, too. I’m turning 40 next month and am hosting a big virtual celebration/challenge. I’m very excited about it and family coming to visit, too.

10. I have lots of reading planned this summer!

11. Susan P. says:

My sister and I have a road trip planned to drive up the East coast to see waterfalls.

12. Renata says:

My grandparents immigrated from Germany in WWII so I’ve always wanted to visit. Glad you had a wonderful time!

13. vickie couturier says:

wow,how much fun that looks ,,id love to go visit

14. Mandi says:

Looks like a great trip!

15. Caroline says:

I’d share that I’m incredibly excited to be heading to summer camp in a few weeks to teach marine science!

16. Alyssa says:

This trip looks aweomse! So great that your were unexpectedly able to catch up with your friends as well!
    We have a lot of weddings to go to this summer so I am enjoying my free weekends at home – relaxing! I am also looking forward to a mini getaway with my family to Wisconsin Dells in August!

17. julie says:

looks like fun. we are roadtripping to Atlanta with thekids this summer

18. Georgiana says:

I’ve always wanted to go to Germany and visit Europe!

19. Sarah N says:

Berlin looks amazing! What a blessing to be able to celebrate with friends there. I don’t have any major travel plans this summer but I do have 100 family members coming to my city for a family reunion this weekend.

20. Shiduna Townsend says:

Loved the pics from Germany! I would let you know that I started walking again (post Achilles surgery) and hit the 2 mile mark today! My ankle is stronger and my limp is nearly gone. I have six weeks until my oldest heads off to college and my youngest starts middle school.

21. Brandon Sparks says:

Sounds so amazing.. It’s a dream of mine to go to Germany..

22. Julie Waldron says:

I went to Germany in 1987 when I was a Senior in high school. I would love to go back! It looks like you had a great trip.

I’ve not been to Germany but have seen so many European travel shows of Rick Steves, one of my favorite travel hosts, and have enjoyed the sites. The food always looks great too–such huge portions! I know, not the same as in person and this summer will be a staycation as well, with more home projects to get done.

24. Lived in Germany as an infant so, don’t remember it at all but, drinking coffee right now as I type this. Going back is definitely on my bucket list.

25. Maryann D. says:

Such terrific photos! How wonderful to visit Berlin and it looks like a wonderful time.

26. Jennifer H. says:

This looks like you all had so much fun!

27. John H. says: