Friday Five: 5 Things That Made Me Smile This Week

It’s Friday, so I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for the new Friday Five 2.0. July is a “free” month, so I’m going to share 5 things that made me smile this week (and one that didn’t)!

5 Things That Made Me Smile This Week

Part of our run crew!

1. Sunday workouts. Last weekend had gorgeous weather in Chicago. It was unseasonably cool (ish) and not humid. On Sunday, I joined Ironwoman friend, Lynn, and other friends for part of her last 20 miler for Ironman Whistler. It was awesome to run with Leslye again for the first time in ages and to catch up with Veronica, Josh, Stacy and Jamie, too!

Reebok Sweat Crawl

Then, in the afternoon, I was “Pink Team” captain at the inaugural Reebok Sweat Crawl with A Sweat Life. We worked out at Zen Yoga Garage, Shred 415, Training Revolution and Reebok Chicago. It was great to hang out with my A Sweat Life Ambassador Crew, meet more fitness buddies and to get another great workout.

2. Catching up with Zack and Sarah on the run in San Francisco. I went to SF for work this week. I had the opportunity to run and catch up with the owners of two of my favorite smiles. This bright, energetic, sweet couple of doctors ooze positive energy – in the best way.

We put the “fun” in fun run before our meeting

3. Getting to hang out with my co-workers at our new office in San Francisco and Tiburon. My company moved into a really cool new space in North Beach/Chinatown. It was fun to check it out the new digs, see my colleagues in real life (I work from home) and to run/check out Tiburon where our offsite was held.

This was “work”… hard work!

4. Our work boondoogle at Angel Island including “The Amazing Race” and a midday hike. We had a really fun team building event that was based on the Amazing Race. It was held on Angel Island, a cool national park on an Island close to Tiburon accessed via ferry.

5. Coming home! As much as I love to travel (especially when there is a ton of fun), I love to come home. Even though it was late, I was excited to get here.

And… 1 That Didn’t

1. People that unfollow on Instagram. All week I’ve been teetering on 4000 Instagram followers. The new Instagram algorithm shows my pics to less people and somehow I gain and lose followers every day. I’m not sure if following less people is supposed to be better or what. It’s so frustrating to randomly gain and lose followers. Who has time to unfollow people!? I guess I need to find out how to do better with the algorithm, but please don’t unfollow – it is SO frustrating!

What made you smile (or not) this week? Please tell me in the comments.

Have a great weekend!

1. I love that show Amazing race so I would be all about that. I have always wanted to visit San Francisco. One of these years I’ll get there!

2. Instagram is weird! I somehow managed to lose 300 followers the week of Easter…and none of them unfollowed me. I had to try to remember the ones who I had. Very odd.
    As for the 5 things that made you smile, very cool.

3. Trinh says:

That Reebok challenge sounds so awesome! Also, Instagram unfollows? Ain’t nobody got time for that! You sure they didn’t just unfollow and then follow to get your attention? 😉

It was so much fun! The workouts were no joke and it was in a really fun neighborhood (Bucktown). I truly am baffled on Instagram. I only unfollow if someone tries to sell me body wraps, nail gels or other products – LOL!

4. darla says:

insomnia has made me not smile for sure

5. Amy Scott says:

It takes a lot for me to unfollow someone on instagram! It’s not like Facebook really. I don’t know why anyone would unfollow you so maybe it could be that you are losing spam followers because insta finds out an account is spam or bought followers and deleted? I manage a twitter for my company and think we have had and lost some spam followers. I’m okay with that, it’s not always a number game.

But I guess at your level, with 4K you can probably get better access to giveaways and opportunities than 3,999. Anyway, I encourage people to follow you!

Those pics of you guys playing on the playground are so cute. I am glad you got to share a long run with friends and that you had good weather in Chicago. My friend and training partner Steve was there last weekend and said he had some good runs too!

6. Hey…I just spotted a Grandma’s Marathon shirt from 2015! I have that one, too 😉

7. I rarely unfollow people on Instagram. I only do it if they post stupid and ridiculous stuff. I am too old to be dealing with silly photo things. Keep it interesting and you have a follower for life. 🙂

8. San says:

I am truly so annoyed by the IG algorithms… and by the fact that I sometimes see posts that are days old!… why can’t it just show everything in chronological order?

9. IG is getting on my nerves. I have gained and lost the same 50 followers over and over for the past 3 months. It’s part of the reason that I’ve pulled back from IG so much, and it used to be my favorite platform!

10. Coco says:

That Sweat Crawl sounds like so much fun. It’s great when work team building things really are as fun as they’re supposed to be.
    I am really frustrated with IG these days.

11. I don’t understand why people unfollow. Who has time for that?

Looks like an amazing week!

12. Linda Manns Linneman says:

Smiling is so good for all of us We should all look for ways to smile every day in our life. God Blessed us with each day and he wants us to be joyful and peaceful. Thank you so much for sharing

13. Susan P. says:

Instagram puts a cap on how many people you can follow, so some of the unfollows may have been people that needed to follow others and hit their limit. The cap of people I can follow is 7500.

What made me smile? Well, my garden did itis finally producing some wonderful green beans and the tomatoes (Romas)are getting bigger soon to be red. The outdoors made me smile. I love summer and spending time outside.

15. Sarah L says:

I mostly don’t understand Instagram. Don’t know how to regram anything.

The Amazing Race thing looks fun. I did something like that in Boston at a conference, and it was a hoot!