It’s Friday, so I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for the new Friday Five 2.0. The theme this week is “Vacation Spots” or “How to Fit in Your Workouts on Vacation.” I’m recycling a post from last year. As a road warrior, I’m always coming up with new ideas to stay fit on the road!
5 Ways to Stay Fit on the Road
1. Bring your workout gear. I always take my sneakers and running clothes on trips. Even if I only have a few minutes, I try to move. I always feel better starting the day with a run or walk even if it is a short one. I love to see new places and familiar places that I love, too. As an added bonus, I try see friends in other cities for a run or workout. Connecting with friends on the road for business is very good for my health and happiness.
2. Scope out hotel gyms, drop in fitness classes and running trails before you book. I’ve mentioned this before. I stay in hotels with gyms or access to fitness options (classes or outdoor running) whenever possible. I use my 7 minute workout app in the room if there is no gym or just do some push-ups and sit-ups (#betterthannothing!)
3. Walk to your meetings. This is sometimes easy and sometimes tough. If you’re in a city, this one’s a breeze. If not, park as far from the building as possible and try to move around on breaks.
4. Take the opportunity to be active when you can. I walk around in airports… a lot. Hopefully, I’m not freaking anyone out at the TSA. If I have only a little time when I get up, I run for a few minutes, walk or so a few minutes of body weight exercise. I take the stairs or the long way around when I walk. You get the gist. Like Michelle Obama says, “Just Move!”
5. Know when to take a rest. If you’re like me, you may be constantly in motion. Sometimes, when traveling or on vacation, stars do not align for working out. I take that as a sign from above that I need a rest day. I try to stretch out and relax.
How do you stay fit and happy on the road? Have a great weekend!
Don’t miss my great giveaways!