Tried It Tuesday: The RunBud by Volume Maker

I “met” Volume Maker on Instagram. I followed them after checking out a giveaway. The wireless RunBud headphones caught my interest. They are tiny and I wondered how well they worked. I sent Volume Maker a message and they sent me a pair to try out! (Plus, they offered a discount code for my readers, so read on.)

Volume Maker calls the RunBud “a superior wireless headphone for running.” The wireless in-ear headphone offers premium sound and noise cancelling with a built-in microphone. They were developed with running and training in mind.

The smile on the box made my day! Bravo, Volume Maker!

The RunBuds work with the blue tooth on your phone. Connecting and using them was simple with my iPhone 6S. They came charged and with a charging cord with a USB port. The working time estimate is 3 – 5 hours per pair and up to 120 hours of standby time. They have active noise cancellation and a built in HD microphone. They have three different sizes of ear bud covers to accommodate for different ear sizes.

Maureen took a photo before I took off on my run home from Pilates.

I took the RunBuds for a spin – well, a run. They were comfortable and stayed in my ears surprisingly well. The sound is very good and I was happy that I could still hear traffic and other runners. I varied my pace to see if it made a difference (it didn’t). I stopped at the gym and did a 15 minute work out with my 7 Minute Work Out app. They stayed in!

It’s pretty small!

I didn’t get any calls while I was out, so I tested the microphone while at home. The headphones pause the music and announce the phone number. You can click either headphone once to answer or twice to dismiss. Super easy. I was surprised at how well the caller could hear me, too.

All in all, I’m a big fan of my RunBuds. I can’t wait to try the noise cancellation on an airplane. This could be a game changer for me as my noise cancelling head phones often get left behind. The only down side is for marathoners who like head phones. You’d have to check the battery life. [Personally, I’m happy about that – maybe more people will talk to me in long races and leave the head phones at home!]

Want to check out RunBuds? You can get them online from Volume Maker for $108.99 (originally $199). Get 15% off of a pair with the code 15%off. Also, keep an eye on Volume Maker’s Facebook and Instagram pages. They have some great deals – especially on holidays.

Do you use headphones when you run? Have you tried wireless?

Please note: I was given a pair of RunBud headphones by Volume Maker in exchange for editorial consideration. I was not otherwise compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

1. Tamra Phelps says:

These look like great earphones, especially for runners/walkers/hikers. I like that they will pause the music & tell you who is calling.

2. Madhuri says:

These sound so good! Will definitely check them out.

Ahh!! Omgosh I was just talking to my hubby about something like this!! I do pole fitness and I really want to do it while my son is still sleeping but music is essential!! These are PERFECT!!

4. Nancy F says:

Erica, I was just starting to review the different wireless buds that are now out there. I must have strange ears cause normal ear buds rarely fit or fall out of my ears, so curious as to the shape of these. Also do you think they would work well for skiing under a helmet? Thanks!

5. BRANDI DAWN says:

This is super neat. Im loving the new headphones coming out with out any wires or head bands.

I’ve never tried wireless buds before. They’re a bit out of my price range right now. They should go down in price after a while though. I can watch for deals too, as you noted.

7. Maggie Wolff says:

Bluetooth earbuds and headphones have been a game changer for me. I have a pair of earbuds that are wired to each other (the Jabra ones that also track heart rate, which is neat) and a pair of traditional headphones that are wireless. I find these much easier to use when doing chores at home, during my commute, or when working out solo in the fitness center at home – especially when I’m following a workout via the Nike app. I generally don’t listen to music while running.

8. Dana Rodriguez says:

I really like these. They would be perfect when I am outdoors. I am going to check these out! Nice review!

9. gloria patterson says:

I am going to have to check these out. Every time I use my regular ear buds they either come out or I catch and pull them out… Need wireless

10. I’m looking for a wireless pair… Did the battery life hold up? How about an update?

I haven’t used them past 1 hour and 30 minutes at one time. Check out their instagram and maybe ping some of the runners they highlight to ask!

11. Pamela says:

I got there and had to send them back as they were not charging properly. I shipped them back and then never heard back from them. Now the website is no longer up, do you know if the company is no longer in business??