It’s Friday, so I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for the new Friday Five 2.0. This is a “free week” so anything goes! I had a great week, so I’ll tell you five things that made me smile this week.
5 Things That Made Me Smile This Week
1. Meeting my goal and having so much fun at the NYC Half! Last Friday, I posted “5 Ways to Have a Strong First Race of the Year.” Number 2 was a reminder for me – “Set a goal based on where you are now not based on where you were last time you ran this race.” I did it! My goals were to run happy, to honor Alex and to run 1:40 – 1:42 to qualify for next year. Check, check and check! Read my race report here.
2. Meeting new colleagues and fitting right in! As I mentioned on Sunday, I have a new position with Zipongo, a company that creates digital solutions to make eating healthier easier. Up my alley – right? When I arrived, this t-shirt (and more cool swag were on my desk). Perfect! It’s a very healthy, active group and there was a clean eating challenge going on, too. So cool!
3. Hitting the ground running (and literally running) in SF! My role at my last company was very similar to my new role. I feel like I hit the ground running and was able to contribute in my first days. I was also able to run a few miles with some people at lunch before I left on Thursday. (And a few mornings, too!)
4. Introducing some Finds’ faves to my new team. As I mentioned, there was a clean eating challenge going on at the office. I got my new boss (and leader of the challenge) hooked on Gorilly Goods’ Hillside Mix (Pumpkin Seed and Kale) and Olomomo Salt & Vinegar Almonds. How’s that for adding value?? (I’ll have giveaways for you from both in April, too!)
5. Seeing this memory on Facebook. Five years ago, I got an email from a friend who worked with Fleet Feet Chicago asking women runners to fill out a survey. They were looking for real runner spokespeople/”faces” for a new women’s race. The first question was “how many half marathons have you run?” I wasn’t sure so I said, “Can’t say for sure but between 1994 and now, I’ve run between 75 and 100 half marathons.” They told me to start counting and decided my persona would be “the expert.” This also got me started as a “blogging runner.”
What’s made you smile this week?
Have a great weekend!
PS. Don’t miss my great giveaways!