It’s Friday, so I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for the new Friday Five 2.0. The theme this week is love. I was asked to share that next week is Random Acts of Kindness Week. What better way is there to share love than through kindness? Random Acts of Kindness Week is February 12 – 18. Kindness is good for you! See the science.
5 Ways to Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week
1. Head over to The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation and check out their suggestions. I like #5 but you can take it to another level by dropping off a box of chocolates to your fire station on Valentine’s Day or some donuts.
2. Go to Kindspring.org and download, print and use some Smile Cards. Do a kindness for someone and give them a card to “pay it forward.” (The back has instructions on what to do and how to pass it on!)
3. Give the gift (card) of kindness – Buy one or several gift cards for Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks (or any convenient) place and give them to people in need. Another idea, if you live in a cold climate, you could buy and hand out some hats and gloves. In any climate, you could give out socks.
4. Write and mail one handwritten thank you note or call one person per day. Thank the recipient and tell them what they mean to you. Thank people who help you at work or in your daily travels, too.
5. Kindness is contagious – Share your kindnesses. Join Visionary Mentoring Group in their Kindness Challenge. From February 13-27th, #givelove one post at a time. You can win great prizes, too. See official rules & entry information on The Visionary Mentoring Group’s Facebook page.
What will you do to celebrate Random Act of Kindness Week? Please tell me in the comments.
Have a great weekend, friends!
PS. Be kind to yourself and don’t miss my great giveaways!