I tried a protein bar from Greens + and wrote to them to express my interest in a review and giveaway. They said “yes” and offered to have me try out three flavors from their vegan, gluten free “Snack Bar” line and their Greens + Superfood Wild Berry Greens Powder. They say, “We’ve developed a line of snack bars to satisfy the growing demand for a great-tasting GMO-free, soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan alternative.” These snack bars are made with 70% Organic Superfoods. The snack bars contain 5g Protein, 5g Dietary Fiber and 740mg of Omega3s. They also have less than 200 calories per bar.
Finds’ friend, Amanda, checked these out and she was a big fan! She said,
“I am impressed by how much chocolate there is in these bars for only 7g of sugar. At first, I was confused by the lack of “soft” chewiness when you first bite in, but the delicious taste more than made up for it. The chia seeds give the bars a nice crunch. For me, 170 calories doesn’t always cut it as a snack, so I added a piece of fruit and was good to go. Two thumbs up for these tasty and not overly sweet, snack bars!
- Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Crisp – Absolutely delicious and my favorite. The chocolate/peanut butter balance is perfect.
- Almond & Coffee Crisp– I didn’t get a strong coffee flavor (coffee was pretty far down on the ingredient list which may be why), but it is good. Let’s be honest, nuts and chocolate are always good.
- Dark Chocolate, Almond & Blueberry Crisp– This was my second favorite. I don’t taste the almonds, just delicious hints of blueberries and chocolate which is more than fine by me.
I have already gone to their page to find where I can get more… Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods! A double-win.”
I agree with Amanda. Dan and I busted these out last time is was in NJ. We split a Blueberry one and were hooked. My favorite is the Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Crisp. I love coffee things, but I have to say there was not a big coffee taste with the Almond & Coffee Crisp bar. The size and nutritional profile of these bars is perfect for me, too. I also like that they are not too sweet. Greens Plus snack bars are vegan, gluten free, dairy and soy free. They are high in fiber and Omega 3s, non-GMO and are certified organic. Pretty awesome – right?
Since the amazing folks at Greens + sent me a box of each flavor, I shared these with a bunch of friends and got back many positive reviews:
- Sapna said, “I’d say my favorite was the dark chocolate almond coffee, followed by the dark chocolate almond blueberry. I did like the peanut butter chocolate one, but the other two were my favorites. I would definitely have these bars again and loved that they are vegan, organic and tasty!”
- Maureen and Jen, my pilates crew, both loved the bars, too, and thought they were the perfect afternoon pick me up and liked the taste, texture and nutritional profile.
- Stacy said, “I really loved the peanut butter Greens + bar. It saved the day for me in NYC. I was hungry and could not decide what to eat. I realized that I had this bar in my bag. I tried the bar and happily avoided getting ‘hangry.’ These bars taste great and the texture is perfect.“
Greens + also sent me the Superfood Wild Berry Greens Powder to try. I shared it with Amanda, too. She tried it before me!
“Green drinks have never been that appealing to me, however, after falling in love with the Greens + Vegan Crisp Snack Bars, I thought I’d give this a superfood powder a go. I added it to about 10-12ozs of water even though the directions said just 8 oz. It was sweet, but not overly so, and apparently had lots of good-for-me ingredients, although to be honest, I hadn’t heard of most of these them. I am feeling super energized this evening and ready for the evening of work ahead – perhaps this drink had something to do with it? Only one way to find out.”
Like Amanda, I loved the bars and don’t often use supplement powders. The packets have only 30 calories and are vegan, non-gmo, soy/dairy and gluten free. It has less than one gram of sugar and no caffeine.It is an blend of RAW green foods, superfruits, sea vegetables, probiotics and acai. They say, “One serving delivers more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants than 5 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables while supplying every color in the Dietary Food Spectrum. With a high-ORAC* superfruit blend that includes 800mg of Sambazon Acai, Greens Plus Organic Superfood Wild Berry helps to promote: higher energy levels, body detoxification, healthy aging and immune function.” I found that it is pretty tasty and filling. I like this and can see adding this to my morning water. I was sent some one serving packets which are great for traveling, too. I felt more alert after drinking this, too. I will see if that is consistent.
Great news! The nice folks at Greens + will send one lucky winner a box of Greens + Vegan Crisp Snack Bars (in the flavor of the winner’s choice) and Greens + Vegan Superfood Wild Berry Greens Powder. You can enter the giveaway with the Rafflecopter below. The winner must be 18 or over and a US resident. This giveaway is void where prohibited. The giveaway is open through May 13th and one winner will be selected and notified on May 14th.
In the mean time, you can follow Greens + on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter. And you can find Greens + bars at many stores. Enter your zip code in their find us page for stores near you. They also offer tons of other great products. Learn more HERE.
Please note: I was not compensated for this review. I was given products in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own and those of my reviewers.