Please note: The giveaway has ended. You can try Super Biotic Red Mango smoothies for $2 until July 31 with a voucher from Google Offers or one from Amazon Local Deals (you have to join that one – free and you can link your amazon account). Try them! I think you will like them!
I LOVE frozen yogurt and self serve places have popped up EVERYWHERE in Chicago. I especially like Red Mango because they offer all-natural frozen yogurt with a focus on quality and the health benefits of yogurt (probiotics – learn more with this awesome infographic!) When I was contacted to see if I would like to try and write about the new “super biotic” summer smoothies from Red Mango, I could not say yes fast enough!
About Red Mango
- Body Balance: Flavorful and functional yogurt smoothies formulated with beneficial boosts
- All Fruit Harmony: Refreshing dairy-free and soy-free smoothies made only with fruit, juice and ice.
- Twisted Fruits: Smooth and creamy signature yogurt smoothies offered in new and innovative fruit-forward flavors.
- Just Kidd’n: Naturally delicious, snack-sized fruit and yogurt smoothies, blended just for kids.
Red Mango is also introducing a brand new line of smoothie “boosts” that have been formulated to meet the nutritional and dietary needs of today’s health-conscious consumers. In addition to the protein, energy, immunity and multivitamin boosts currently available, Red Mango has added four new boosts which have been formulated with natural, wholesome and innovative ingredients:
- Metabolic Fit 360™: A proprietary blend of protein, calcium and African Mango which supports metabolic balance and promotes healthy weight management.
- Dark Chocolate Mate: Finely ground, Brazilian roasted maté and dark chocolate; a delicious, rich, low-calorie flavor which also supplies a nice dose of antioxidants.
- Tropical Hibiscus: Finely ground, premium Nigerian hibiscus blossoms infused with natural pineapple and lychee; a bright and tropical low-calorie flavor and antioxidant boost.
- Green Tea Acai: Finely ground, premium green tea with açai berries, the Amazonian superfruit; a low-calorie antioxidant boost made with the best ingredients.
Trial and Review
After our run at Swallow Cliff Woods and coffee, I convinced Kristin and Amanda to come with me to Red Mango to try out some smoothies. This was not a terribly hard sell! We went to the location the West Loop at 24 S Halsted. It is a new, super clean store. All of the new smoothie advertising was up (and it looked great). We were excited to try some out!
We pondered the menu and spoke to the helpful staff including the franchise owner and took some pics.
We landed on:
- The Raspberry Jammin‘– A dairy free raspberry and banana combo. This one was sweet and reminded us of slushees you would get as a kid. It would be “great for a treat on a hot, hot day”. We couldn’t help but notice that this would be good as a daiquiri, too. Just saying! This one really grew on Kristin and this was (a bit to her surprise) the one she took with her to finish. (190 calories per16oz serving)
- Super Berry Flower Power– Strawberry and hibiscus with tropical fruit. We all agreed that this one “tastes amazing” The hibiscus flavor was light and very unique, but “not too flowery”. Overall this smoothy was “not too sweet”. It was light and delicious. Surprisingly, this was my favorite! (220 calories per 16 oz serving).
- The Tropical Acai Blues– A dairy free blueberry and banana with antioxidants. This was light and refreshing and not too sweet. We thought it tasted fresh “like something you’d make at home.” This would be “good with breakfast”. Amanda envisioned drinking this with her eggs! This was not too icy but did melt fairly quickly compared to the others. (170 calories per 16oz serving)
- PB & J Hunger Zero– Strawberry, Banana, PB and protein. This was rich and decadent and “tastes exactly like a PB & J”. Believe it or not, we felt it was still fairly light. You taste “banana first then PB”. We all liked the delicious, rich taste. This one grew on Amanda and she picked this as her favorite. We all agreed that this would be a great meal replacement for a summer lunch! We thought it would be a great on the go meal if you are in a hurry, too. (420 calories per 16 oz serving)
We all really enjoyed these smoothies. The ingredients were fresh and all of the smoothies were very tasty. The 16 oz portions are quite filling, as well. The franchise owner explained that there was little waste and that the company took quite a bit of time training the stores to make the smoothies. He also said that they are working on some veggie varieties – which we were all psyched about! He was really interested in our feedback, too.
Great News! From July 1-5, 2013, you can get any 16 oz “Super Biotic” smoothie for only $2 (plus tax) all day, at any Red Mango store. Regularly $4.95 plus tax. Check out the Red Mango store locator to find a delicious smoothie near you! Please note: only 16oz Super Biotic smoothies are eligible for this offer. No coupon required to redeem. You can also stay in touch with Red Mango on Facebook and on Twitter to learn more about new products and promotions.
I liked these so much that I will send one lucky reader a $10 Red Mango gift card. You can enter the giveaways using the Rafflecopter widget below. Please don’t forget to click the green button on each entry you choose. If you already like my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter, click that button on the Rafflecopter and get credit! The giveaway is open through the end of the day on Friday, July 5th. I will select and notify the winner on Saturday, July 6th. Only valid for participants in the US at this time.
Please note: This post was sponsored by Red Mango. Smoothies and gift card was provided by Red Mango. All opinions are my own and those of my friends who helped with this review.