In addition to sales and free stuff, I tend to share and save articles and ideas that have captured my attention. So after Tuesday’s Tips, I started collecting some links for Friday Finds.
1. As you may know from my bio, I am from NJ. Maybe that is why this bit of “news” from the blog the Greatist really resonated with me: “Research suggests swearing might actually help reduce the amount of perceived pain during traumatic situations”. I have been known to utter a few expletives in my day, so lets’s just say this made me smile. Read the full post here.
2. I have also been known to ingest copious amounts of candy (certainly not a good sign that there is a boatload of candy at my new office – I am proud to say, I did not partake in any company candy this week – I figure after the first piece I am dead meat!) and crave sugar. Vital juice had a link to an article with some tips for avoiding cravings posted on Forbes.com. Now I have 10 Unique Ways to Kill Your Cravings, and Those Extra Pounds. I may look foolish to my new colleagues but it is worth a try – no? See the post at this link.
4. I also enjoyed the “Be Kind” post that is the first installment of Jennifer Pastiloff’s 15 Rules to Live By. It is a good reminder of how to behave and put yourself in another person’s shoes for a change. I am looking forward to the rest of the posts.
6. I also found some deals to share (I just can’t help myself!!)
– My friend Lisa introduced me to these reusable fair trade bags a few years ago. In honor of Earth Day, RuMe is offering 30% off on all orders placed by COB 4/22. They have a product LOVE LOVE LOVE… It is so simple.
It is a quart size, reusable bag that is not opaque. It is TSA approved for travel. It is $6.95. No more ziplocs with holes in them. I am so easily pleased! They also make adorable totes for shopping, custom iphone cases. Great stuff!
– I also found a cool freebie at Nordstrom. Nordstrom is hosting a Zella Day of Movement Event on 5/5 in stores around the country (Don’t know Zella? It is a very nice and slightly less expensive than you-know-who-lu-lemon yoga brand) All people who rsvp get a free Zella gift and there is an additional gift with purchase over $40. Click this link to see if your local Nordys is participating.
That’s enough for now! I am anxiously awaiting Monday to see if I can snag a Canyon Ranch Miami deal like last year for a special 40th b-day!
What have you found this week?